Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

The eggs have hatched! As we were having our usual dinner picnic outside we noticed a few extra mouths at the table. The mama bird was feeding the babies worms when we first noticed, but we spooked her and she left some hungry birds. Sorry guys! How precious are they though! The kids are so excited to see them.


Our hungry babes. As I mentioned, this is our usual place of dining these days. Either outside or on a picnic blanket inside. I think the kids will be sad when we once again have a
"real" dinner table.
Now, for a tour of our current kitchen. Dinner prep.
Microwaving in the garage.
Dish washing.
This guy has been sitting on our porch the past few days and Brian and I had no idea where it had come from. My dad stopped by today and enlightened us to the fact that this is the trimmers' (the guys installing our cabinets the past couple of days) lucky monkey. Apparently it makes its way to all the job sites for good luck. The workers that have been coming in and out of our home as they please the last few weeks have been.... interesting. :)
Now for our future kitchen! The left is the pantry and on the right is where the fridge will be.
So excited! More upper cabinets are still to be hung. And you can't get a great look at the paint color, but it looks great. I am really happy with it, which is good since Brian spend about 20 hours the last week painting. :)
The appliances, some of which will make their debut hopefully this Friday.
Our current fridge, which I usually have to climb over a few things to access.
I have to admit that I am running out of steam on this project, but I know that it will pay off and be beautiful. We really don't have that much longer! My dad has promised me a working kitchen sink, dishwasher, and stove by Friday, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. And countertops tomorrow! Can't wait to be able to put stuff away again and start to get our lives back in order!!

1 comment:

Tales of MEEE said...

Your kitchen is really coming along! That pantry looks A-MAZING! :) Love the color of the cabinets too. You're really going w/the groove on this project and it shows - way to go Mama! Can't wait to see the finished project. I'd love to see a "before old kitchen" and "after new kitchen" photo! This is going to be an awesome change for you!