Thursday, May 27, 2010

The First "Official" Dinner

The rest of the new cabinets are in! Which means that as of this Monday we also have an oven! I am beyond excited. Today we finished up putting all of our boxed kitchen stuff away in the new cabinets and finally have a fully functioning kitchen. Tonight, to celebrate, we had a special steak dinner. We still have no backsplash, knobs and handles on our cabinets, and plenty of touch up to do. Until that gets done, I won't have the official "after" pics of the kitchen, but here's a teaser for the meantime. We love it and are so happy with how it's turning out!

Nothing celebrates a new, nearly complete kitchen like steak and zucchini.
And I have been won over on convection ovens. Each and every one of these cookies cooked evenly on top and bottom. Brian says they're the best I've ever made, but I haven't made cookies in a long while and it's a new recipe. :) Not sure he's the best judge.
Enjoying our meal. You can see the new cabinet additions and our double oven in the background. No promises on better pictures until the backsplash is in and it's cleaned up, but that should be about a week away. Which probably actually means two or three at the pace remodeling seems to go. But I don't care, because I can bake again!!

No comments: