Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Mommy First

I turned a new page in the realm of mommyhood today when I did Abby's hair for the first time. It's been desperately needed, but just a little too short. Today, it's a little too long to just leave alone. So up it went. How'd I do? Not terrible for a first timer, but I'm going to need a better strategy. Do they have something like a baby straight jacket so you can actually get them to hold their head still for 1/2 a second while you put the rubberband in? That'd be great. I'm also realizing that I need to add an extra 10 minutes to the time it takes us to get out the door. She sure does look cute though!

6 comments:

The Davies said...

you should start matching your hair to abby's. you would look good in a bow.

Leslie said...

Aren't little girls so much fun!! Oh, Jenny, you crack me up...baby straight jacket! That's my Jenny!!!!

joel, maggie said...

from a mother w/two crazy-haired children, i highly recommend headbands. for babies the thick cotton ones work great. there is a website called thebowlady.com where you can order really cozy headbands that the bows clip into, so they're totally comfortable for the girlies. anyhow, that's probably more than you cared to know.

she's beautiful, by the way! and her hair looks lovely!

joel, maggie said...

here's a link to the headbands i'm talking (or, rather, typing) about:

http://thebowlady.com/infan-babyheadbandswithmediumsizebows.html

Steph said...

hmm, can't decide whether i want to say i want a girl to do her hair or i'm glad i don't have a girl so i don't have to do hair?!?! she looks cute, and Jonah looks HUGE!!! we so need to get together!!!

Tori said...

I miss Flock!!!!! Just wanted to let you know that! Your kids are super cute!