Friday, December 28, 2012

Update - Surgery has been scheduled!

Your prayers are working already!  God was merciful and allowed me to get in and see a doctor yesterday! They said that openings never come up like that, so I am so thankful.  The doctor essentially gathered more information and confirmed what we already had suspected. After doing an ultrasound, he confirmed it appears to be "classic" Pleomorphic Adenoma. He said he would be surprised if it was cancerous, based on looking at the shape of it, but he took three needle aspirations (samples) of the tumor and I will hear the test results of that either late this afternoon or tomorrow. Please be praying that it isn't cancer. That would be "a whole new ballgame" according to the doctor in how aggressive he is in surgery and the treatment afterwards.  Some good news is that as long as it isn't cancer, he doesn't do radiation, so that's a relief.  Also, he won't know until he's in there and sees things how the surgery will impact my nerves and which areas of my face and the side of my head, but he did say that I will have a numb ear lobe the rest of my life as well as numbness possibly around that area as well.  I also will have temporary numbness in many areas because he was messing with the nerves. He actually said that helps the recovery to be less painful.

In the last week, I have also had a lesion appear on the roof of my mouth towards the back, essentially out of no where. He looked at that and said he would like to keep an eye on it. Depending on how it looks next week, he may remove it for surgery.

Surgery has been scheduled for next Friday!  I'm so thankful it will be soon!  Ready to get this thing out. I was actually in a decent amount of pain last night and am still sore just from him taking the samples, so I'm even more eager to get it removed. In the meantime, to prepare for surgery I need to go and have a pre-operation physical done on Monday, coordinate speech therapy adjustments for Levi while I'm out of commission, and finish up some work for my brother's companies' convention that I had been planning and am no longer able to attend.  Also, one of my other brothers is coming over this morning to frame a drywall a guest bedroom in our basement. Brian's parents are going to come for a while during this whole ordeal, and we're cheaply able to make them a guest room, so that's great.

OK, well that's it for now. Please continue praying if you think about it. Just one week away!

No comments: