Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Kitchen Remodel: Complete!

Finally, pictures of the kitchen! We are so happy with how things turned out. We literally finished up with the remodeling about four days before Levi was born. Although it about twice the time and twice the money we anticipated, we believe it was a worthwhile investment and we have already greatly enjoyed it. The bat and paint spill also added some much needed (haha) drama to our life along the way. All that being said, we are not planning on another major remodeling project anytime soon. :) So, the completed project:


The view from our living room. I don't like paint cutoff by the pantry, but we have no idea where else to make the line. Oh well. Would it be noticable if I didn't point it out?
The view from near our fridge. Please note my kids are in most of these pictures. They like being in front of a lens. My brother did the backspalsh of marble subway tiles. We're so happy with it!
I got the stools off of craigslist, but Brian's not sold on them. :) He's not a fan of the swivel (more like the kids swiveling into the counter and wall non-stop). I was planning on painting them, but I think I will resell them and craigslist shop for some more.
I love my ovens!!!
And cooktop.
And my girl :)
The living room (take two). We had an incident where a touch up painter spilled a half gallon of paint all over our room. It ruined our couch and splattered some other items, but for the most part we were able to salvage everything. Including our beautiful new floor! Anyway, here is our new couch. I need a table cloth for the table on the left, but other than that the room is mostly complete.
I also want an ottoman for below the picture. Hello, Jonah. :)
A giant sized doorway. Not that we expect to have tall children or anything.
Now, on to Levi's room.... Poor Levi. Other than the chinese lanterns, he just got Jonah's room exactly as he left it with baby furniture put in it. Something tells me that he doesn't really care. :)
Jonah's new Husker room with SEVEN, I repeat, SEVEN coats of red paint. No, we did not prime the walls first, but they were a orangish yellow. We thought we'd be OK. We learned our lesson.
Brian's hardwork and paint was worth it though. Jonah absolutely loves his room.
And for good measure, Abby's room. We painted all of this furniture that we got off of craigslist. I'd rather do seven coats of red paint. We won't be painting six pieces of furniture again anytime soon.... :)
So, that's the latest changes in our house. I know I left Levi out of this post, but to be honest, there aren't any new pictures of the little guy as of late. He's in the baby acne stage, so until that passes there aren't going to be too many frame-worthy pictures. :) Plenty of updates to him coming in the future. Other than that, we're surviving with three and if I wasn't amazingly tired, I'd say we were doing great. Can someone remind me what three hours of consecutive sleep feels like? I vaguely remember it feeling wonderful... :)

1 comment:

Traci said...

the kitchen looks great!!! Can't wait to see it in a few weeks in person (more excited to see Levi though of course!!)